It’s best to fly around thunder storms – and the Oris Big Crown Telemeter makes that even easier. The seconds counter measures the time between lightning and thunder or between another optical and acoustic event; the extension of the stop seconds counter records the distance between events on the telemeter ring of the bezel.
The sports chronograph, which is water-resistant to 30 m, is a new addition to the successful range of Oris Big Crown pilots’ watches with characteristic fluted top ring. Curved Plexiglas, classic hands, as well as applied numerals and indices give it the feel of a pioneer’s watch.
The massive stainless-steel case has a diameter of 43 mm. The stop functions are displayed separately: the seconds counter from the centre, the minutes counter decentralised at 12 o’clock, and hour counter at six o’clock. The small permanent second is at nine o’clock, whilst the date is displayed at three o’clock.
The dark-brown calf-skin leather strap with the contrasting seam is inspired by pilots’ uniforms. There is also the option of a metal bracelet. Through the window of the case back the High-Mech movement with the red Oris rotor is clearly visible.
Big Crown Chronograph Telemeter ø 43.00 mm
Ref. 674 7569 40 64 LS
- Mechanical automatic movement with stop function
- Display of hours and minutes from the centre, small permanent second at nine o’clock, minutes and hours counters decentralised, seconds counter from the centre, date at three o’clock
- Black guilloche dial with white applied numerals and indices, white lacquered hands
- Stainless-steel case 316L with telemeter top ring, screwed case back, water resistant to 30 m, stainless-steel crown and push buttons, Plexiglas
- Dark-brown calf-skin leather strap with a contrasting seam and double-sided folding clasp
- Metal bracelet also available