The design of the AIRMAN Special II harks back to the pioneering times when Glycine developed its first world time watches. That was back in the 1950s. Lots of Glycine experts are particularly fond of these very first AIRMAN models: functional watches with no frills and additional functions – watches for purists.
The model with pure 24-hour display and two time zones has a diameter of 42 millimetres, a modest size by Glycine standards. The hands and the rotating bezel are based on the original AIRMAN watches. The date is highlighted by a magnifying lens in sapphire glass. The dial with 12 at the top and 24 at the bottom is unusual.
On the reverse of the watch, the finely decorated rotor of the Eta movement 2893-2 with Côtes de Genève and AIRMAN engraving in black can be seen through the sapphire glass back. The AIRMAN Special II was produced in a limited edition of just 100 watches.
• Model ref. 3877
• Automatic movement 24-hours Eta 2893-2
• 2 time zones
• Stainless steel case, diameter: 42 mm
• Sapphire glass, sapphire lens, sapphire glass on back case
• Water-resistant to 200m
• Available with metal bracelet or leather strap
• Supplied in a luxury wooden box with extra strap
• Limited edition of 100
• Guide price: about CHF 2000.-