Dressed in a graceful rectangular case, the A. Lange & Söhne CABARET watch showcases horological prowess to an unprecedented degree, with precious materials, useful indications, and remarkable subtlety of design.
The most prominent feature of CABARET is its patented outsize date, which is nearly five times larger than ordinary ones. It can be quickly and easily corrected with a push-piece recessed in the case. The watch has two centrally placed gold hands to indicate the hours and minutes. A subsidiary dial above the 6 o’clock hour marker displays the seconds.
Introduced in 1997, the A. Lange & Söhne CABARET watch features a superbly polished case in 18-carat gold or platinum. It is worn with a hand-stitched crocodile strap that has a matching precious-metal buckle. Jewellery versions are available as well.
The solid-gold winding crown with the embossed Lange signature is protected against the ingress of water. And the see-through sapphire-crystal caseback allows the owner to admire the exquisite movement of the CABARET.
An absolute rarity in mechanical watchmaking, a beautifully sculpted form movement (calibre L931.3) fills every last corner of the case with exquisite Lange horological artistry.
Like the case, the three-quarter plate made of untreated German silver is rectangular. It is decorated with Glashütte ribbing. The blued screws and the three screwed gold chatons are fascinating visual accents. All surfaces of the form movement are meticulously finished by hand, even those that usually remain concealed to the eye of the beholder. Moreover, the edges are chamfered and polished.
The seconds hand of the manually wound movement stops when the crown is pulled. When fully wound, it offers a power reserve of 42 hours. The intricate, shock-proofed screw balance beats at 21,600 semi-oscillations per hour and is adjusted in five positions. The patented whiplash precision index adjuster is mounted on a small balance cock which is engraved by hand, giving every CABARET a one-of-a-kind personality.
The A. Lange & Söhne CABARET watch is available in platinum and gold (rose, yellow or white) versions.
Model: A. Lange & Söhne CABARET
- Reference 107.031: Lange CABARET Rose gold case version with black dial and leather strap
- Reference 107.021: Lange CABARET Yellow gold case version with champagne dial and leather strap
- Reference 107.027: Lange CABARET White gold case version with blue dial and leather strap
- Reference 107.032: Lange CABARET Rose gold case version with silver dial and leather strap
- Reference 107.025: Lange CABARET Platinum case version with silver dial and leather strap
- Reference 107.035: Lange CABARET Platinum case version with black dial and leather strap
- Reference 157.132: Lange CABARET Rose gold case version with silver dial and rose gold bracelet
- Reference 808.033: Lange CABARET White gold case version with diamond-set bezel, black dial with diamond-set centre part and leather strap
Lange manufacture calibre L931.3, manually wound, crafted, assembled, and decorated almost entirely by hand to the highest Lange quality standards; precision adjusted in five positions; plates and bridges made of untreated, cross-laminated German silver; balance cock engraved by hand
Number of parts: 268
Size: 25.6 x 17.6mm
Screwed gold chatons: 3
Escapement: Lever escapement
Balance: Shock proofed glucydur screw balance, Nivarox 1 balance spring with a frequency of 21,600 semi-oscillations per hour, patented micrometer-screw index adjuster with whiplash spring
Power reserve: 42 hours when fully wound
Hours, minutes, small seconds with stop seconds, patented outsize date
Gold or Platinum
Two piece case
Dimensions: 36.3 x 25.5mm
AR coated sapphire crystal glass
Solid silver / diamond-set
Hand-stitched crocodile leather strap or precious metal bracelet
Buckle in precious metal
Image Credit: Lange Uhren GmbH